Connect integration with Global Freight Solutions
What Are The Benefits Of Using GFS?
Here at Intelligent Retail we are always looking at ways to make life easier for our customers. We know that selecting the right courier service and then managing the pick, pack and dispatch process can sometimes be hard work. Our latest integration to Global Freight Solutions (GFS) will make life easier and save costs. Here is how!
- Integration with all major couriers & reduce costs. GFS works with all major couriers to give retailers choice, flexibility and contingency with the ease of use of one supplier. Their competitive buy rates means they use economies of scale to obtain the best service and price for the specialist retailer. Retailers can ensure they get the best price and service with automatic access to a wide range of delivery services through a single integration with GFS.
- Saves time & reduces manual effort. GFS take away the headache of managing multiple carriers, labels and delivery services. GFS provide the option of one or multiple carriers through a single dispatch and tracking platform supported by a UK based customer care team.
- Get parcels out the door fast & improve service delivery. The GFS carrier management platform is designed to help you get orders to your customers as quickly as possible. With label printing for a wide range of carrier services and intelligent routing rules, it can match each parcel to the best carrier to reduce manual data entry and human error. So all you need to do is click, print and send. Plus the automation of the service means less manual mistakes.
- Offer improved delivery service to your customers. GFS help you select the best services for your products from a wide range of delivery services in the UK, Europe and around the world, ensuring you meet the high expectations of your busy customers. Offer your customers a choice of services including next day, timed, deferred, click and collect and international.
- Make sure your parcels get delivered. With a multi-carrier tracking portal, there is no need to hunt around for the latest update as every parcel you dispatch can be tracked in one place. You can search, find and report on your shipments no matter the carrier you dispatch them with, or where you send them in the world.
How Does It Work?
Intelligent Retail's simple to use integration with GFS exports orders from your website, eBay and Amazon into GFS once they have been marked as packed from within the Connect software. This can be done individually for each order or in bulk via the fulfilment centre (optional additional module).
The number of parcels can be controlled using weight rules and overridden manually if required. You can also select which courier and which service you wish to use for each order. Order details are then automatically imported into GFS avoiding any manual entry of customer or order details - ensuring accuracy of delivery information and a huge time saver!
From within the GFS software it automatically generates the relevant courier labels for the selected delivery service with all the relevant details. Once orders have been marked as dispatched either individually or in bulk from within GFS, orders are sent back to Connect along with the courier details, delivery service and tracking information and marked as dispatched.
Tracking information is then visible via an Intelligent Retail website, eBay or Amazon for customers to monitor or track their parcels online.
GFS has been managing parcel deliveries on behalf of UK companies since 2001. The GFS pro-active tracking team continuously monitor delivery progress to ensure exceptions are identified early to minimize delays.
You can see more about GFS and their service by visiting the GFS website