Founded in 2004, Intelligent Retail is a dynamic business which is driven by a team who is passionate about helping retailers. We continually assess developments in point of sale, ecommerce and online marketing and look to bring them to our customers. Since 2013 Intelligent Retail has been part of the 3Q group of retail systems businesses who share an equal passion to bring innovative solutions to market for retailers. Further to investment from 3Q, the business has been building the next generation of multichannel retail technology. These exciting innovations aim to meet the many demands from the marketplace across international regions.
To support these goals David and Neil Mackley will form part of the new Non Executive Board continuing to provide strategic planning for the business. We warmly welcome Helen Vaughan to Intelligent Retail who will lead the new executive team, tasked with delivering ongoing innovation and growth together with the development of our UK operations and our international operations in Australia and New Zealand. We are excited to have this team drive the business forward in 2016 and beyond.
I am thrilled to join the loyal and dedicated team as well as to get to know our incredible customer base of over 700 clients. Retail is such an exciting and innovative place to work in. I am looking forward to building upon an incredibly strong foundation to ensure our customers of today and tomorrow continue to remain competitive in the retail market place in partnership with the Intelligent Retail software and team.
- Helen Vaughan - Managing Director. Helen has a broad background in retail systems working at executive level in growth companies including Retek (became Oracle) as Director of Business Services where she headed up a diverse global team of consultants delivering complex solutions in the retail sector. As VP Operations at Island Pacific Europe she grew this retail systems business over a 10 year period. Helen has experience of small independent retailers, working as a sales assistant and department manager but this is complimented with her experience as Programme Director at Tesco, where Helen led the design, build and deployment of the Tesco operating model, a suite of best practice systems and processes for global deployment.
- Simon Rose - Head of Service Operations. Head of Service Operations. Simon has ownership of the end to end service delivery to our clients under one team focussed on delighting the customer. Simon is led by a passion for customer service excellence. He has experience in service delivery within the IT industry and in particular finance software such as Intuit Quickbooks as Service & Support Manager and Pythagoras working with Sage.
- Mark Hibbins - Technical Director. Mark has extensive industry experience in software development and is passionate about helping retailers achieve more with technology. Mark owns the development programme and is architect of Intelligent Retail global solutions going forward. Mark's background includes working as software architect and developer, leading teams producing innovative and high quality software.
- David Fairhurst - Head of eCommerce. The eCommerce team combines Web Marketing with Web Production and Design. Our website proposition is there to help retailers sell more online and David now manages the process of delivering a range of eCommerce solutions to drive business success. These solutions include a balance of website marketing, website design and development to produce a proposition mix that suits each client. David has extensive experience in SEO, web technologies and web marketing having previously run his own SEO company for 6 years before joining Intelligent Retail in 2009.
- Mark Steel - Senior Consultant. Mark is one of the original members of Intelligent Retail and has an in depth knowledge of our solutions. As such Mark provides support to both the IR team and our clients as well as heading up sales for our existing valued customers. Prior to joining Intelligent Retail, Mark had 15 years' experience working with EPOS companies on system reliability and 9 years' experience in business development.
Non Exec Directors
- Alan Treisman - Alan has been the Chief Financial Officer and Company Secretary at 3Q Holdings since 2005 with more than 20 years' experience in the information technology industry. Alan now combines the role of Mergers and Acquisitions with that of Chief Financial Officer while also serving as the Company Secretary and Executive Director on the 3Q board since its inception in December 2005.
- Davy Rosen - Davy, along with his brother Shaun founded Divergent Technologies (the forerunner to Island Pacific's parent company 3Q), in 1983 where Davy served as Technical Director. Davy became the Technical Director of the JSE-listed Softline Group responsible for R&D, and the Managing Director of VST, Softline's retail software division. In 2002 Davy re-joined Shaun Rosen and Clive Klugman, and is now CEO of Island Pacific USA and UK. Davy provides leadership for the Island Pacific group product strategy and his role involves relentless travel between the US, UK and Australia.
- Mike Dotson - Mike has a comprehensive understanding of international retail and retail technology after more than 30 years' experience in the industry. He has in-depth experience in developing global brands, developing key partnerships and in operations management. Mike oversees global sales, marketing and manages the European operation for Island Pacific, a core part of the 3Q Group.
- Neil Mackley - Neil is one of the co-founders of Intelligent Retail back in 2004 and has been Technical Director since then, steering the innovative architecture and product roadmap as well as operations. Prior to Intelligent Retail, Neil has been Software Architect working in the City with financial institutions as well as companies such as Shell and Logica. Neil has experience of retail, business and financial systems though these roles and was part owner of a multichannel retail business until leaving to start up Intelligent Retail.
- David Mackley - David co-founded Intelligent Retail and worked as Managing Director with responsibilities including business strategy, marketing and sales and saw the company achieve over a decade of continual growth and profitability. Prior to Intelligent Retail, David managed several successful start-up business units in the IT industry including the £12m mobile solutions business at RM Plc and helped start up Telular EMEA to become a $10m business in its first 3 years. David attained First Class Honours in his BSc (Computing) and an MBA with Distinction from Oxford Brookes University Executive Program.